Friday, December 28, 2007

Tongva Peak



I hiked up to the top of the Verdugo Mountains this afternoon and did a sketch. I learned today that the peak I like to go to has a name: Tongva Peak, after the Native American tribe who lived here before we did. Tongva means "people of the earth".

Its an incredible view of the city from up there. I could see traffic backing up on the 5 freeway. I always wonder where everyone is going and if they had a good day. I could pick out my street but not my house. Its somewhere in the lower right quadrant. To the left of where I was sitting is a radio tower. At night I can see its red light blinking from my front window.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

It's good to have you back. Sounds like the trip was ver fulfilling.

I love the video. Very uplifting.

Keep the peace. See ya next year.